When a successful outcome is your goal, turn to an attorney who fights to win.
Douglas G. Mercier
Doug Mercier is a seasoned attorney and litigator with over twenty-five (25) years experience. He utilizes his experience and personal attention to each client's specific legal needs to obtain desired results for his clients.
During his years of legal practice, Doug has represented the interests of many individuals and small businesses, as well as Fortune 500 companies, in a wide array of legal matters, obtaining overwhelmingly favorable results for his clients. He is known for his resolute and rigorous, yet practical approach to legal representation, garnering a Top Rated Lawyer In Litigation designation from Martindale-Hubbell. Although Doug has a broad range of legal and business experience, his practice is primarily concentrated in the areas of litigation involving personal injury, medical malpractice, and business and commercial disputes. He also represents clients in regulatory and administrative agency matters involving healthcare and professional licenses for physicians and nurses, and is a regular speaker on healthcare licensure and related issues.
Upon receiving his Doctor of Jurisprudence from Mississippi College School of Law, Doug served as Law Clerk to the Supreme Court of Mississippi. After completion of his clerkship, he practiced with a defense firm concentrating on litigation and administrative healthcare law. Subsequently, Doug served as in-house Corporate Counsel for a national healthcare provider, but he eventually returned to the practice of litigation and representation of clients. He is licensed in all federal and state courts in Mississippi, and also practices before administrative and regulatory agencies.
Doug is a resident of Madison, Mississippi, and he is married to the former Becky Dearman.
- Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
- Belhaven College, Jackson, Mississippi
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Delta Phi
- The Mississippi Bar
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Business Litigation
- Healthcare Professional License Defense
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Healthcare Law
- Automobile Accident Litigation
- Oil and Gas Matters
- Nursing Home Litigation
- Mississippi, 1993
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1993
- Havard v. Sumrall, 250 So.3d 1282 (Miss. Ct. App. 2017)
- Corporate Mgmt., Inc. v. Greene Rural Health Ctr. Bd. of Trustees, 47 So.3d 142 (Miss. 2010)
- Franklin Corp. v. Tedford, 18 So.3d 215 (Miss. 2009)
- Coho Resources, Inc. v. Chapman, 913 So.2d 899 (Miss. 2005)
- AmSouth Bank v. Gupta, 838 So.2d 205 (Miss. 2002)
- Broadway v. Kelly Bros. Contractors, Inc., 803 So.2d 1155 (Miss. 2000)
- L. T. ex rel. Hollins v. City of Jackson, 145 F. Supp. 2d 750 (S.D. Miss. 2000)
- Silbley v. Unifirst Bank for Savings, 699 So.2d 1214 (Miss. 1997)
- McCurtis v. Dolgencorp., 968 F. Supp. 1158 (S.D. Miss. 1997)
- Irby v. Fred's Stores of Tennessee, Inc., 967 F. Supp. 187 (S.D. Miss. 1997)